Why You'll Love This Job
Did you ever want to work in aviation but didn’t know how to break into the industry? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, often outdoors, around some of the most incredible professionals in the industry? Did you ever wish that you could work for a company where you could grow your career? If so, Atlantic Aviation just may be the employer for you!
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation welcomes customers at more than 100 fixed base operator (FBO) locations – from the Hawaiian Islands to Caribbean islands and all points in between throughout the US. We offer a wide range of aircraft ground handling and flight hospitality services, including fueling and line services, hangar and ramp storage, modern executive terminals for passengers and crews, and much more. We are firmly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our network and aspire to be the employer of choice in our dynamic segment of aviation. We invest in enhancements to our safety, service, technology, and strategic infrastructure in order to provide more choices, improved experiences, and better value for customers. Atlantic Aviation intends to lead the way to a more sustainable future for business and general aviation. Atlantic Aviation is “local everywhere” - providing a safe, friendly, and familiar experience across North America. To learn more about Atlantic Aviation or to make a reservation at any of our 100+ FBOs, visit AtlanticAviation.com.
We are seeking self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic, goal oriented individuals for immediate openings as an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the safety, productivity, service levels and overall operational efficiency of the FBO Line Department. These responsibilities will also include some oversight of the Customer Service Department with emphasis on the coordination and effective communication between that department and the Line Department. General duties include (but are not limited to):
- Directly manages all FBO Line Supervisors, CSR Supervisors and indirectly other various operational employees.
- Develop and maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive and enjoyable work environment.
- Ensure that departments and personnel have adequate resources and inventory to maintain safe and efficient operations, while facilitating a high level of customer service.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained with appropriate documentation to evidence such training as recommended in NATA’s “Safety First” procedures.
- Is an expert in policies and tools employed by the company and ensures location compliance with all current operational and safety requirements and company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Manages and ensures that all service operations are consistently conducted in accordance with policies and procedures
- Manages personnel, equipment and resources to ensure appropriate scheduling and cost control.
- Maintains a working knowledge of specific aircraft refueling instructions, ground marshalling, turning, loading and unloading.
- Manages ground service, fueling and hangar equipment/supplies to ensure all are in a safe working manner
- Conduct regular performance reviews of direct reports, while counseling, motivating and disciplining them as appropriate.
- Organize periodic departmental meetings and design other communication flows between staff and management.
- Coordinate facility maintenance and improvement initiatives.
- Initiate emergency and incident response procedures as required.
Skills & Qualifications
Back to All Jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid state driver’s license and at least 18 years of age.
- NATA Certification.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive experience in FBO Management, the airline industry or the equivalent in an aviation related field. Demonstrated ramp operations and management capability.
- Aptitude in supervising and developing staff.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Consistently demonstrated good organizational and leadership skills.
- Participation in Atlantic Leadership Training.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Customer relations skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and vibration; chemicals including aviation fuels, oils and lavatory fluid. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment