Why You’ll Love This Line Service Technician Job
Did you ever want to work in aviation but didn’t know how to break into the industry? Would you like working in a fast-paced environment, often outdoors, around some of the most incredible professionals in aviation?
If so, this Line Service Technician position with Atlantic Aviation at KOA in Kona, HI may be perfect for you!
In this position, you will provide aviation ground support services to customers in a positive and professional manner. You will perform in all facets of the ground handling operation including but not limited to aircraft fueling/defueling, baggage/cargo handling, aircraft towing, using marshalling signals for aircraft parking, providing lavatory/potable water service, and using other various ground support equipment to help support the needs of customer and their aircraft.
Build a career in aviation you are excited about and apply for the Line Service Technician job today!
Pay for this position starts at $19 - $21 / hour! This position with Atlantic Aviation requires availability for any/all shifts as well as overtime, weekends, holidays, and on call.
*Must be a Hawaii resident at the time of application and be 21 years of age
Line Service Technician Responsibilities
- Deliver and receive fuel to and from company tanks, vendor trucks, and aircraft.
- Operate all company ground support equipment as requested or required, including lavatory and water service carts, ground power unit, deice truck, etc.
- Perform ground marshalling using standard aviation signals.
- Perform customer service activities such as helping customers with aircraft scheduling and fueling.
- Assist with aircraft turning, loading, and unloading.
- Ensure all buildings and grounds are safe, clean, and organized.
- Conduct or assists with daily/weekly onsite safety inspections and audits of equipment and facility operations.
Line Service Technician Qualifications
Back to All Jobs
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 21 years of age
- A valid state driver’s license - In some locations, a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) w/endorsements is required as dictated by local regulations.
- Be comfortable and physically able to work in an environment with frequent walking, stretching, bending, sitting, stooping, reaching, grasping, and climbing.
- Be physically able to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass background checks (criminal and motor vehicle), drug tests, receive and maintain issuance of an airport security badge, and be insurable by the company’s applicable insurance policies
- Ability to use a computer and email, including pass computer-based training modules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and for safety-sensitive tasks, in English
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, angles, degrees, time)
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including night, holiday and weekend shifts and in various weather conditions
- Preferred: six (6) months experience and/or training in aviation, customer service or other related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or training
#airport #lineservice #CDL #Kona