Our DE&I and Talent efforts are in the early stages of development and requires someone who can quickly build from the ground up. Knowing this, it is critical that the DE&I and Talent Development Director “meet the company where we are” recognizing that progress will be a journey.
This is an individual contributor role as a sole practitioner who must be highly skilled and experienced with getting proven results in all aspects of DE&I and Talent Development.
it is important that the candidate must be able to fully own their own scope of responsibility with an ability to work highly independently with minimum direction from leadership yet instead recommending the direction to leadership. It is important for the candidate to be able to manage every aspect of the role end-to-end in an organization where this Director will be looked to for guidance and expertise. About us
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation welcomes customers at more than 100 fixed base operator (FBO) locations – from the Hawaiian Islands to Caribbean islands and all points in between throughout the US. We offer a wide range of aircraft ground handling and flight hospitality services, including fueling and line services, hangar and ramp storage, modern executive terminals for passengers and crews, and much more. We are firmly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our network and aspire to be the employer of choice in our dynamic segment of aviation. We invest in enhancements to our safety, service, technology, and strategic infrastructure in order to provide more choices, improved experiences, and better value for customers. Atlantic Aviation intends to lead the way to a more sustainable future for business and general aviation. Atlantic Aviation is “local everywhere” - providing a safe, friendly, and familiar experience across North America. To learn more about Atlantic Aviation or to make a reservation at any of our 100+ FBOs, visit AtlanticAviation.com.
Atlantic Aviation is a truly special place to work. The culture is highly customer service focused with a spirit of being constantly willing to help and serve our customers both internally and externally. The company has grown significantly over the past year since KKR’s acquisition of Atlantic. We have grown in one-year from 65 FBOs to 100+ FBOs with 2,900 employees.
Atlantic is a highly operational organization with 95%+ located in the field at local FBOs and only 5% of the workforce in our central support functions in Plano, TX. Approximately 80-90% of the workforce is hourly. Additionally, the workforce is a non-desk, non-computer-connected workforce. This introduces complexity and challenge to communicate with and engage the local FBO workforce in DE&I and Talent Development efforts, especially for field employees, requiring reliance on TV portals and frequently local management to assist in messaging to employees.
Atlantic is super-fast paced with a lean teams that requires flexing and shifting between multiple priorities at once. Grit and high capacity for heavy work volume and the ability to get things done are critical for success.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Exceptional experience and proven track record in stakeholder management
- Strong leadership, influence, and drive for results is essential in this role along with a passion for how the power of a diverse and inclusive organization can drive engagement internally and reattract and retain talent externally.
- Proven track record of facilitating enterprise-level initiatives with multiple senior executive stakeholders.
- Ability to create frameworks and programs from scratch.
- Be able to effectively work in an individual contributor role as a strategic doer with the ability to influence and drive programs from concept to execution without direct supervisory authority.
- Ability to interact, influence, and collaborate with employees and management across all levels. Proven ability to build strong relationships and a broad network of ambassadors across the Company to achieve results.
- Success in operating effectively in a large, dispersed organization undergoing significant growth.
- Must be a strong facilitator and speaker with both small and large groups. Possess superior verbal, written, interpersonal, public speaking, facilitation and presentation communication skills when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders. Exhibit and command presence and confidence when presenting in executive forums.
- Role model of the Atlantic Attitude. Everything you do in the course of a day has an effect on the Atlantic Aviation Brand defined by 4 principles: Choose Your Attitude, Focus, Make Someone’s Day, Enjoy What You Do.
- Must have superior Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills to frequently develop documents, conduct analysis in spreadsheets, and tell stories visually in presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel independently to FBOs as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Desired 10+ years of relevant experience.
Our Differences Define Our Success
- Desired 3+ years of experience in diversity and inclusion and/or talent management roles.
- Track record of working on successful diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
At Atlantic, we put people first and value diversity and inclusion. We have a melting pot of incredible individuals that create a culture to embrace differences in backgrounds, ages, genders, perspectives and ethnicities.
These differences unify us in a shared commitment to excellence in our private and professional lives.
Our diversity widens our range of experience and skills among our employees and is the key to our success.
As an inclusive workplace, our employees are welcome, comfortable and valued being their true selves.
Atlantic is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting individuals of different races, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, ages, disabilities, religions or veteran status. Atlantic also supports participation in local, state and national associations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atlantic is committed to the diversity of recruitment programs and services, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.Ethics and Conduct
Atlantic is committed to high ethical, professional and legal standards and is dedicated to operating its business consistent with these beliefs. We have built a reputation for integrity, accountability and safety within the general aviation industry, and we recognize that it is due to our employees who demonstrate these behaviors every day.