The Staff Accountant position will be part of a team responsible for all accounting related activities in support of Atlantic Aviation. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation welcomes customers at more than 100 fixed base operator (FBO) locations – from the Hawaiian Islands to Caribbean islands and all points in between throughout the US. We offer a wide range of aircraft ground handling and flight hospitality services, including fueling and line services, hangar and ramp storage, modern executive terminals for passengers and crews, and much more. We are firmly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our network and aspire to be the employer of choice in our dynamic segment of aviation. We invest in enhancements to our safety, service, technology, and strategic infrastructure in order to provide more choices, improved experiences, and better value for customers. Atlantic Aviation intends to lead the way to a more sustainable future for business and general aviation. Atlantic Aviation is “local everywhere” - providing a safe, friendly, and familiar experience across North America. To learn more about Atlantic Aviation or to make a reservation at any of our 100+ FBOs, visit AtlanticAviation.com.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Assist in preparing period ending financial statements
- Monthly & quarterly preparation of schedules in support of the financial statements
- Flux analysis
- General ledger reconciliations; analyze general ledger transactions for clarity and accuracy
- Work with other functional areas (e.g., tax and procurement); outside service providers
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Monthly journal entries related to cash, prepaids, intercompany, and others
- Assist with financial system set-up and testing as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work closely with others with a positive attitude and a willingness to help others.
- Ability to represent Atlantic Aviation in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
Proven ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven and changing environment
Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting; Degree(s) must be from an accredited college or university
- At least three years’ experience in an accounting department
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel required
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. This position occasionally requires longer hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand. This position is hybrid, with three days in the office (Tu-Thur) and two days at home (M, F).