The Senior Staff Accountant position will be part of a team responsible for all accounting related activities in support of Atlantic Aviation. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager. The Senior Staff Accountant will also establish a positive working relationship with the various corporate departments and regional accounting teams.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation welcomes customers at more than 100 fixed base operator (FBO) locations – from the Hawaiian Islands to Caribbean islands and all points in between throughout the US. We offer a wide range of aircraft ground handling and flight hospitality services, including fueling and line services, hangar and ramp storage, modern executive terminals for passengers and crews, and much more. We are firmly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our network and aspire to be the employer of choice in our dynamic segment of aviation. We invest in enhancements to our safety, service, technology, and strategic infrastructure in order to provide more choices, improved experiences, and better value for customers. Atlantic Aviation intends to lead the way to a more sustainable future for business and general aviation. Atlantic Aviation is “local everywhere” - providing a safe, friendly, and familiar experience across North America. To learn more about Atlantic Aviation or to make a reservation at any of our 100+ FBOs, visit AtlanticAviation.com.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Representation of Atlantic Aviation in a professional and positive manner.
- Application of the principles of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Interaction with customers, vendors, and Atlantic Aviation employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communication of work progress and significant issues with the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Assist in preparing period ending financial statements and reporting packages
- Monthly & quarterly preparation of schedules in support of financial statements
- Flux analysis
- General ledger reconciliations; analyze general ledger transactions for clarity and accuracy
- Work with other functional areas (e.g., tax and procurement); outside service providers
- Assist with internal and external audit request
- Assist the Senior Accounting Manager to drive standard operating procedures (SOPs) and compliance
- Support the integration, adoption and continuous improvement of standardized processes, application tools, and workflow processes
- Monthly journal entries related to compensation and benefits, aviation losses, derivatives, debt and interest, leases, and others
- Approve staff accountants journal entries
- Flux analysis
- Assist with financial system set-up and testing as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work closely with others with a positive attitude and a willingness to help others.
- Ability to represent Atlantic Aviation in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with third parties and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger accounting. Great Plains preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven and changing environment.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with major functional leaders of the Company.
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.