Why You'll Love This Job
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation welcomes customers at more than 100 fixed base operator (FBO) locations – from the Hawaiian Islands to Caribbean islands and all points in between throughout the US. We offer a wide range of aircraft ground handling and flight hospitality services, including fueling and line services, hangar and ramp storage, modern executive terminals for passengers and crews, and much more. We are firmly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our network and aspire to be the employer of choice in our dynamic segment of aviation. We invest in enhancements to our safety, service, technology, and strategic infrastructure in order to provide more choices, improved experiences, and better value for customers. Atlantic Aviation intends to lead the way to a more sustainable future for business and general aviation. Atlantic Aviation is “local everywhere” - providing a safe, friendly, and familiar experience across North America. To learn more about Atlantic Aviation or to make a reservation at any of our 100+ FBOs, visit AtlanticAviation.com.
We are seeking self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic, goal oriented individuals for an immediate opening as a FBO (Fixed Based Operation) General Manager.
The General Manager is responsible for customer satisfaction, safety, efficient management and operation, maintenance and financial performance of the FBO facility and services. He/She is responsible for compliance with all rules, regulations, and policies as issued by local, state, and federal authorities. Previous FBO/Aviation management experience is a must.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring the safe delivery of Atlantic Aviation's products and services
- Lead and develop employees to perform to the highest of standards
- Manage a cross functional team that includes operations, customer service, sales, and local accounting. Motivate each department to outperform their respective targets and benchmarks
- Compliance with all rules, regulations, and policies as issued by local, state, and federal authorities
- Oversee all business functions of the FBO including proper delivery of services, condition of physical plant, staffing, equipment and maintenance of same. Takes lead role in maintaining existing business and developing new business by monitoring margins, negotiating fuel and/or hangar agreements and problem resolution with the customer base
- Serves as direct liaison with managing entity of home airport
- Responsible for the financial oversight the facility (budgeting, forecasting, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned
Skills & Qualifications
Back to All Jobs
Previous aviation/FBO management experience is a must. Flexibility with your schedule is a must as we operate 24 hours a day. As a minimum requirement, each applicant must possess the following:
- Prefer Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field of study
- 5 – 8 years of specialized general aviation experience. Airline industry or other aviation related experience will be considered
- Demonstrated financial, administrative and management capabilities
- Demonstrated track record of excellence
- A passion to be the best in all that you do while maintaining a consistent focus on ethical behavior
- Robust problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, on weekends, holidays, and be on call
- Valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- Be able to pass a year background check
Atlantic Aviation offers competitive pay and a very comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401k with matching and bonus potential! Atlantic Aviation also provides employees with company paid benefits including life insurance, health and wellness programs, short and long term disability. Be sure to check out our website at www.AtlanticAviation.com
Atlantic Aviation…take off into your future!
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment